Final Fantasy X: Spira's Sorrow
The Ronso are a humanoid race with distinctive feline features. Standing at an average height of 6 (Females) to 7 (Males) feet, they are the largest of the races of Spira. They have dense musculature, perhaps in part due the necessary climbing, jumping and other physically demanding aspects of their birthplace of Mt. Gagazet. Their fur is usually Blue to Grey, and these colors also reflect their slightly lighter skin pigmentation. Secondary hair can come in a variety of colors including black, red, blond, blue, and violet, eventually all fading to grey or white with age. They always have yellow to lime green eyes, with small black corneas indistinguishable from their pupils.
Other distinguishing characteristics are their tails, much like that of a lion or coeurl, used mainly for balance and signaling mood. Male Ronso grow a singular horn when they hit puberty. These Horns usually average about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 feet, and provide Males with a Gore attack.
Ronso are people of few words and speak infrequently, speaking only when words are necessary. While their quietness may suggest docility, they are in fact quite aggressive when threatened and will rarely, if ever, back down from a legitimate fight. What constitutes legitimacy is understood by the Ronso alone, in a learned, unspoken Honor Code.
· Medium: As Medium creatures, Half-Guado have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size
· Monstrous Humanoid traits (in name only; characters progress by class, as if Humanoid)
· Ronso base land speed is 30’
· +2 Strength, -2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom
· Ferocity: A creature with ferocity remains conscious and can continue fighting even if its hit point total is below 0. The creature is still staggered and looses 1 hit point each round. A creature with ferocity still dies when its hit point total reaches a negative amount equal to its Constitution score.
· Intimidating: Ronso receive a +2 racial bonus on intimidation checks.
· Lancer’s Way: Ronso are proficient with any pole-weapon.
· Mountain Movement: Ronso are adept at negotiating mountain hazards. Ronso can make standing long jumps and high jumps as though they were running long jumps and high jumps. A Ronso receives a +5 racial bonus to Climb Checks on unsmooth rock or similar surface.
· Males only, can cause permanent injury: Natural Weapon, Horn (Ex): Gore (1d4 + Str); Charge Attack (1d4 + Str) × 2
· Automatic Language: Ronso, Common